Tuesday, January 20, 2015

"Rusted Edges"

I'm warming up to winter.  I used to take almost no photographs during the winter.  It's just not my style.  The gray skies, the lack of color.  Lately, in the last few years, I've kind of embraced this as a way to look at things differently.  The landscape is so quiet in the winter.  Even the towns are quieter, and the snow is so bright, even on a gray day.  I think this comes across in winter landscapes.  A feeling that you're the last person for miles and miles.  In Montana, you can feel that way on any day, but in the winter when the snow obscures most buildings and noise surrounding you, it can feel very isolating, but in a good way.  This little sheep barn, so beautifully weathered, is an example of some of the moods I've been enjoying capturing lately.  




No comments:

Post a Comment